Sunday, March 21, 2010

No best or worst art.

Personally, i think art has no limits as if it is a piece of paper,you can add anything you want on it. No matter others don't like it,if you like it,it can be called art.
Although there isn't a best or worst art in the world,every art is equal. In these photos of three artists, i have my favourate one,which is Andres Serrano's.
As the example of "Piss Christ", i love the colour even if it is urine. I love his photograph style of freedom. As he said:I have always felt that my work is religious,not sacrilegious.
I can't say who is the most artistic, but i can say whose style is my favourate.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Chen,

    Interesting post--I am glad to hear of a few people who like Serrano, because many times people have an immediate negative reaction toward him, and it can be hard to get them to reconsider. I also love Piss Christ, although I have to admit some of the other photos are less interesting to me.

    I am glad that you are working on Diane Arbus, too, because she is also a little odd. I wonder whether you and Enrico see any similarities between your photographer and the photographers that we looked at earlier?

    Good job--I'll look forward to your post on Arbus,

    ReplyDelete